Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 21

Even God took a day off.  I am tired and going to bed, so there won't be our traditional post tonight kids.  Sorry.  I will however leave you with a few random observations. 

The first is that a parent should never have to buy their 8 year old a beverage from the liquor department.  As it turns out, a childhood favorite here in our new home land is Grenadine and water.  Now, I only know Grenadine as a mixer for a myriad of well known cocktails.  Here, it would seem to be a reasonable replacement for Kool Aid.  My eldest does find it to be a refreshing alternative to Coca Cola, which is your only option for soda pop.  I have seen Pepsi and Sprite, but it is few and far between.  Oh, and as an FYI: "Coca", as it is called, is traditionally served at room temperature.  Only Americans drink their beverages with ice.  This was a concept that offended me at first, but I now actually prefer it un-chilled.

The second is that upon cleaning the room today I ran into one of the toys that came in my youngest's happy meal a few days back.  It was comic book of sorts.  After leafing through the pages, I made a startling discovery.  One of the characters was an old man laying on the beach.  One of the more notable features was a thick swatch of pubic hair peaking out of the top of his swim trunks.  Won't find that in the good old US of A huh?  Not sure I am ready for that conversation, so it found it's way into the trash bin.

Finally, I am curious to know if they still sell scented toilette paper in the US.  I remember this from my youth, but I somehow recall it's ban due to it's possible link to anal cancer or some some other rectal condition that I would just as soon avoid if possible.  I ran out of toilette paper and didn't have time to wait around for house keeping to bring me a new batch, so I brought some back from the rental house.  It has a lovely aroma and is quite green in color.  Not sure of the health risks, but it does take the edge off of an unpasturized morning dump.

That's all for now.  I will be back up and running tomorrow for another hearty installment.  Until then, Merci and Au Revoir.

1 comments:

Jim said...

It being a warm, sunny, early spring day here, I gave thought to a leisurely walk and would have gone if we had access to the street scene you describe. Didn't go of course, because what we are stuck with is strip centers along streets lined with power lines and plastic signs.

Do you suppose the vomiting might end the hotdog addiction? I'm not sure Chels will eat Chinese food to this day because it made her vomit when she was young.

And finally, make and model please and you know what I mean.