Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 4

Slow day today.  The wife went off to work this morning and left the boys to their own devices.  Slept in a fair amount and made the kids wash the stank off of their bodies.  Breakfast of Frosties and Knackis (really thin hot dogs) for Lunch.  Still no complaints about the chow from the youngsters.  In fact, the ketchup flavored Monster Munch is a big hit with the youngest of our crew.  Had to run to the commercial center for a stool for the 3 year old to use the toilette.  Standing on a carry-on suitcase was obviously not going to be a long term solution.  No major issues.  Exchanged pleasantries with the clerk, but no real conversation.  The language barrier still scares the shit out of me.  Feeling more comfortable, but still like a tourist.  The wife had a disasterous commute back from work.  Got lost and then once back at the hotel, could not pull the subcompact into the appointed parking spot.  Didn't hit the wall much to my disappointment, but when we went out to run some errands this evening, I had to Bo Duke it into the vehicle since she had parked it so close to said wall.

Errands were fairly uneventful this evening.  Picked up some more Monster Munch and a new cereal called "Lion"   Rooooaaaar!  Impulse buy based exclusively on cat graphic on the box.  What can I say, I didn't mature much past the age of 13.  Since our tiny dorm sized refrigerator doesn't hold much, dinner was from Quick Burger.  Knew ahead of time that it was going to suck based upon prior experience, but it was the only thing open.  Let me tell you the difference between a Supreme Cheese and a Big Mac . . . The Big Mac tastes like boot leather and the Supreme Cheese tastes like the dog shit you scrape off of the bottom of that same boot.  To be honest, if I don't spend a fair part of the evening in the toilette, I will be very surprised.  Plan on taking the wife to work tomorrow so that the gents and I can have the vehicle.  Going to do my best to map out this town so I know where the hell I am going.  A couple of things have become evident . . . the need for a new cell phone and the purchase of a new vehicle.  Both events should be great comic fodder, so stay tuned.

0 comments: