Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hiscox in my Sandy Orifice and the Laptop that Set my Crotch on Fire


It appears to have been nearly a week since my last entry, though that seems nearly unfathomable.  The days are bleeding together into a mélange of euphoric training hikes and monotonous single parenting opportunities.  The wife had not so much as left the driveway when the boys and I crafted a plan to hit the beach for a little fun in the sun and possible titty watching.  The latter seems to be of increasing interest to my eldest which makes me have to shield my laughter when I catch his eyes darting about the beach in hopes of catching sight of an elusive nipple or two.  I am far from what one would call “reserved”, so I take great pleasure in occasionally nudging him on the shoulder to point out a pair he might have missed so that I can watch his face turn bright red.   And yes, while Mom is away, you can be certain that I am doing my part to place a stitch or two of wild open-mindedness into their moral fiber.  Any damage done can certainly be re-sculpted in my month long absence in September.  My poor wife!

We didn’t bother with the body boards given my correct assumption that the water would be so intolerably cold that we would spend most of our afternoon digging in the sand rather than splashing in the waves.  It was just as well, as the beach was under yellow flag and the wave conditions were far too dangerous for my guys to be paddling around in anyway.  We splashed around on the periphery and dug a few healthy holes in the sand before our day was done.  On our way back to the car, I thought it would be a special treat for the boys to watch the equivalent of a coast guard helicopter take flight.  I guess I should have paid closer attention to those episode of M.A.S.H. when BJ or Hawkeye would scamper away from the chopper as it lifted back into the air.  This being France, no great precautions are taken to prevent you from shuffling into mortal danger, so our vantage point was barely out of rotor reach.  I would guess we couldn’t have been more than 10 or so yards from it when all hell broke loose.  The deafening noise was the least startling event in the no-holds-barred assault on our senses.  As soon as flight commenced, the rotor wash flooded our every pore and unguarded orifice with irritating flecks of microscopic sand particles sent our way at what felt like Hurricane speed.   The three of us dove for cover behind the far wall of the toilet chalet and waited for the storm to clear.  We laughed and spent several moments dusting each other off before heading for home.

After getting them hosed down and appropriately situated for the evening, I sat down for a spot of UK television and was immediately confronted by a commercial for “Hiscox” lnsurance.   That’s the name of the company by the way, not a variety of available coverage, though there may be a niche market there that someone might be interested in.  I have said it before and I will say it again, marketing fascinates the shit out of me.  What makes something sell in one part of the world would send consumers running  for the hills in others, or at the very least have them laughing so uncontrollably that their orange juice shoots out of their nose.  That hurts by the way, just in case you were wondering.  I get it, I have the sense of humor of a 13 year old.  Still, I think you get my point.  We expect Mom home tomorrow and life will return back to its ordinary ebb and flow.  This in turn will perhaps allow me some more keyboard time to hash out the next five posts I have already written titles for, the content of which I am struggling to keep hold of in the usual storm of ideas bouncing around inside my balding head.  

For now, I shall bid you all a good eve despite the fact that I have much more to write.  Truth is, the damned cursor keeps jumping around the page when I brush against the touch pad from my uncomfortable typing position and my aggravation level is making it impossible to go on.  The uncomfortable typing position is due to the fact that my laptop is on the verge of a catastrophic melt down.  The fan works non-stop by blowing scalding air onto my genitals which, in turn, forces me to set the “lap”top next to me on the bed.  I know what you are thinking, but desks are for suckers.  Why else would they call the fucking thing a “lap”top anyhow?  So, again I bid you a good evening and promise to give another shout as soon as time permits, provided the burn cream does its part in cooling my seemingly fire scorched testicles.  R.

0 comments: